Thursday, December 13, 2007

The Interesting Daily Item of the Week (or, "IDIot W".)

One of these days, I am gonna quit monkeying with my blog. But that day is not today.

Once a week, I do an "Update" of my blog's main page, adding a new poll, and updating the taglines, and as of the last two weeks, going to Amazon.com, and picking a Featured Item to recommend (in a blatant attempt to profit from selling you stuff)

I have been doing this on Thursday, because It was the first day I had a morning off. Well, now I have far less time off, and Thursday is the worst day of all. I am hoping to make Monday the new Thursday, but we will see....

Anyway, this week's update is done, and the Interesting Daily Item of the Week (IDIot W, pronounced "Idiot Dubya") is David B. Coe's Rules Of Ascension, the first book of the "Winds of the Forelands" Series. I just received "The Sorcerer's Plague" in the mail a couple of days ago, and I am almost done with it. "Plague" is the first book in the "Blood of the Southlands" Trilogy, and the 6th book set in the world of the Eandi and Qirsi.

In looking around on the Amazon site, I was reminded of David B. Coe's Blog(s), and popped over to visit. His Wordpress blog is here, if you are interested, and his official site is here. (And if you are reading this, David, then Hi! Welcome to the Daily Blog of the Day! Stick around and read a while!)

I started Reading Coe's work with his first book, "The Children of Amarid", because I met him at a birthday party in Sewanee. (Did I not mention he lives in Sewanee?) I may have picked up his first book because he was a local, but I picked up the next 8 because he's a Dang Fine Author, and in fact, he's getting better with every new series. Unless you hate to read (and you are reading this, so you can't hate it that badly), or hate Fantasy Fiction (which is possible, if you also hate puppies, apple pie, and America!), then you will quite likely enjoy getting lost in the world that Coe has created.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like apple pie.

But I do like fantasy! : D

Anonymous said...

ooops... that annonymous one was supposed to be me...

Frank Gibson said...

yeah, I knew who it was... commie!