Saturday, March 29, 2008

The Mixtape is Dead... Viva La Mixtape!

For those of you who liked the idea of checking out the artists in my previous post on "Girl Singers", but who didn't want to spend an hour and a half clicking each individual YouTube link to see/hear them all, I have compiled an imeem Playlist with all the ones mentioned, plus a few from the comments left by you readers. (Sorry, Brian, but your suggestion, and mine, were both too uptempo to make the cut)

Previous attempts at "embedding" imeem playlists on this page have had mixed results*. Many of the songs may appear as 30-second samples if you play the playlist from this page. If this is the case go to imeem, get a membership (it's free!), then play the playlist. Don't forget to make me your friend once you sign up! You can then send me songs you think I would like, see what I've been listening to lately, and make your own playlists, too!

One of the songs on the playlist is Ingrid Michaelson's "Breakable", which is about the fragility of human hearts and bones, and was playing in the background as I wrote about celebrating my Painiversary** I thought it was nice, so I included it here, separate from the playlist.




*The "Rain" related playlist I put up in advance of my flight to San Diego this January abridged Alanis Morrisette's "Ironic", omitting the mention of "rain on your wedding day", but including the part about the man dying in a plane crash**.

**Now That's Ironic (don'cha think?)

1 comment:

Art said...

I really like Regina Spektor. I'll have to check that out when I have more time.