Ask one of these question-avoiders something more specific, like "What is your favorite artist?" and you get a much more helpful answer. Someone who likes "pretty much any music" whose favorite artist is Tim McGraw, is a different someone than a "all kinds of music" appreciator whose favorite artist is Modest Mouse.
The "What's on your iPod" question removes even more ambiguity. So, picking up from Art's post on the same Subject, here are the random 10 songs at the top of my iTunes "party shuffle" playlist. It's a pretty eclectic list, and by eclectic, I mean this:
If I played this list for 100 people, everyone would be guaranteed to really love, and to truly hate, at least one. And the songs some enjoyed the most would be the same ones driving the other listeners crazy.
Here, without further ado, is the list.
- "She Said" by Parker Theory from Can Anybody Hear Me?
- "Drawer" by Summercamp from Pure Juice
- "Something So Right" by Paul Simon from Negotiations and Love Songs 1971-1986
- "Cure" by Plumb from Plumb
- "Clint Eastwood" by Gorillaz from Gorillaz
- "Counting The Crossties" by Bad Livers from Hogs On The Highway
- "Everybody Knows" by Echo And The Bunnymen from Flowers
- "Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2 from Best Of 1980-1990
- "Wild Horses" by Sundays from Blind
- "$300" by Soul Coughing from El Oso
- "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman from Tracy Chapman
- "Trouble" by Coldplay from Live at KCRW
- "My Hero Zero" by The Lemonheads from Schoolhouse Rock Rocks!
So, What's on your iPod? or other music player? The comments section is wide open! Check the link to Art's post for the "Official" rules.
*The iTunes "randomizer" didn't put any of it on to this list, but I own, and enjoy, quite a lot of rap. Now that I look at it, the list is eclectic, but it is awfully white. I need to work on that, put a little more "soul" into my mix...