Wednesday, February 6, 2008

After several late hours glued to the radio coverage of primary election results, the Nashville newspaper showed up,and the huge "Super Tuesday" story was superseded by a story I had not heard about.
Tornadoes had ripped through my sister's current hometown of Jackson, TN, killing at least 2 people, and possibly burying an unknown number of college students in two Union University dorm buildings, which were demolished in the storm.
I am, as I think we all are, exposed to a constant, numbing, drone of violent, disastrous, and depressing news. There are not enough hours in the day to feel all the shock there is to feel, so like everyone else, I have developed ways of coping, of putting up defenses to the bad news. Somehow, this picture busted through those walls.
So to all those affected by this disaster, my heart goes out to you. I wish you all the peace that's possible in the next few days, as you reclaim what is recoverable, and grieve what is lost. Know that I grieve your losses too.

No comments: