Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sleepy... So Sleepy....

Christmas parade was today.

Bad news: Fog and drizzle all day long.

Good news: a comfortable 60-something degrees.

Bad news: Hot chocolate is a lot easier to sell when it is cold.

BAH! Humbug!!
I wasted 2 hours of my life today setting up a concession stand to sell hot cocoa. I stood outside, sweating in the 64 degree, 100% humidity weather, and tried to sell a hot drink to people at a parade that lasted about 2 minutes. (i sold 0 cups, making 0 dollars, and netting a whopping negative $4 , not counting the two hours of my life spent sweating and inventing curse words.

There were about 4 floats, 8 or more emergency service vehicles (with sirens blaring, of course), one of the scariest clowns I have ever seen, and 9 Harley-Davidson riders sporting the names of the "8 Tiny Reindeer"(+Rudolph, of course) followed by a "Santa" rider.

I will try to have pictures of both parade and the amazing 1.21 gigawatt holiday display tomorrow, but I am not going to promise. I feel like a sack of dirt. A tired sack of dirt. I am going to go to bed now, and try to sleep until I am eligible for Social Security. Somebody wake me then.

1 comment:

Art said...

Get some Thankmas rest, dude!