Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Checking ID's - Part 1

I have to check ID's at both of my jobs. For beer at Crust, and for beer and tobacco at the convenience store. One thing that I have noticed is that a lot of the Tennessee ID's that I am shown are not Driver's Licenses, which are laid out horizontally, in "landscape mode", but vertically, in "portrait mode". These ID's are either Gun Carry Permits, or DUI offender ID's, which are not valid for vehicular operation. {I think that Learner's Permits may also be laid out this way, but very few people try to buy smokes or booze with a Learner's Permit for some reason.}
It's a sad and scary reminder of how many people around me are "Packing", or Drunk, or most frighteningly of all, possibly both.

The kid that was wearing the shirt pictured above had a "DUI" ID. He was only 21 years old, and the ID didn't look new, either.

And, call me a square, but I don't even get the joke on the shirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm - let me think- dui ID, under 21, "crippled" T-shirt

I GOT IT - the guy is a prophet

mommasee