Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Emergency Beowulf Run

Becca and I tried to make plans with some friends this morning to go see Beowulf in IMAX 3D. Unfortunately, when I checked for showtimes, I found that the movie was only playing through the next two nights. Tonight was the only of the 3 dates we could make it out, so we are on the road to Nashville as I type. I have a bit of a headache, but I am hoping the pain killers kick in before showtime.

[update]: The Movie was awesome! Full of blood, guts, fear, lust, sex, and debauchery, but good. How it got a PG-13 rating is a mystery to me, though. I know it's animated, so the blood, gore and nudity are "Not Real", but.... In full color 3-D, on a 70-foot tall IMAX screen, when I can count the pores in Anthony Hopkins' nose, I would argue that the animated world I inhabited for a couple of hours seemed more real than the one full of shoppers and traffic that awaited outside the theater.

My Headache abated for long enough to enjoy the movie, but when we emerged from the theater, Becca had a headache, from the intensity of the 3D IMAX experience. I think if we had seated about 4 or 5 rows further back, the experience would have been better for both of us, but we just barely made it in time to catch the last preview, and didn't want to jostle our way into the occupied rows in the IMAX "Sweet Spot" in the center of the auditorium.

No comments: