Tuesday, October 9, 2007

For Everything There Is A Season...

Since I started this blog in July, A lot has changed. I have Paid Off all my Medical Bills, Taken a new Job, Acquired a Hobby or Two, a Pet or Two, and Re-mounted The Red Devil. (that's my motorscooter, for those of you who missed that post.)

The Blog itself has changed too, from a random, off-the-top-of-my-head, article every day, to a systematic sort of thing, with recurring features, including the ill-fated "Toonament", And recently back to a more random thing, although with a lot more pictures and video, now that I have a camera phone. The past three months have been an interesting "honeymoon phase" to my becoming an entrenched blogger.

I will continue to try out new things in this forum over the next few months too, and hopefully you readers will stick with me. Remember, also, folks that the Internet is a two-way street, and if you want to see something, or want to not see something, or just want to say something, use that comment page! Or drop me an e-mail!

And now for something completely different....

I recently attended the City of South Pittsburgh's City-wide Yard Sale! I bought a croquet set! Now I just need to learn how to play croquet!

Also at the yard sale, there was a guy selling antiques, he had a few things I was sorely tempted to purchase just for snarky irony value, including these....



Fans of the Zach Braff/Natalie Portman movie Garden State might recognize these as "Operation Desert Storm" Trading Cards. Still in the original packaging, very valuable. I didn't ask the guy what he wanted for them, for fear that he would mistake the question for legitimate interest and tell me, and that I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face very far into the conversation that might ensue.

No comments: