Friday, August 17, 2007

Special Update: Protest Demonstration

There is a protest demonstration happening outside my workplace right now. about twenty to thirty people are standing around with signs and banners with slogans like "End Iraq Occupation" and "Impeach Bush + Cheney" and "2 Billion a Week - Your Taxes".

There is a local police officer standing watch over the event, making sure things don't get too rowdy. I happen to know that the particular cop served in Iraq in the early days of the occupation. I bet they have a lot to talk about.

I, being the intrepid reporter I am, stepped outside to ask what all the hullabaloo was about.

This is apparently part of an effort to organize people in cities all over America, on the Third Friday of each month, starting in September. This group decided to get a head start.

I try to stay away from politics and religion on this blog, but since this is literally going on right outside my door, I figured I would bring it to your attention. For those of you who are interested in this sort of thing, you can find out more at http://www.iraqmoratorium.org/

Frankly Speaking - Signing off.
Good Night and Good Luck.

No comments: