Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Reader Response - Mr. Grammar Corection Nazi

My Wife Sent me this brilliant idea via e-mail upon reading my previous post on the word "Media".

"They should make a Bud Light 'Real Men of Genius' commercial about the Grammar Nazi."

I felt the idea deserved a post of its own. I've made some small changes, and edited for style, but this is mostly her (surprisingly creative) work.


Narrator:
Today we salute YOU, Mr. Grammar correction Nazi.

Dramatic Singer:
Mr. Grammar Correction Na-a-ZI!

Narrator:
You can't listen to your friends, the radio, or even your own aunt, the English teacher, without making comments like, "Actually, it's 'intents AND purposes' not 'intensIVE purposes'"

Dramatic Singer:
"You KNOW what I me-ant!"

Narrator:
"The average person wouldn't know how to pluralize medium, but you, O defender of the English language, you know it's 'media', and not 'mediums'"

Backup Singers:
"You gotta' know your Latin"

Narrator:
"So keep on catching those dangling participles, O sentry of the semicolon; because when it comes to punctuation, you're the best. Period.

Dramatic Singer:
"Mister Grammar Correction Na-a-zi"

No comments: